It's official: It's AUTUMN!
Literally? It's my most favorite time of the year. If you doubt that I WILL BREAK YOU. If I could live in a perpetual state of Autumn, I would. There is something nostalgic and bright and comforting and lovely about Fall, don't you think? I thought it'd be fun to share all of our favorite things about this season.
(I promise I don't talk to myself in real life; only in Blog Land).
1. The Weather. HELLO. The days aren't scorching and the nights are chilly. I love being able to layer with a cardigan without sweating my butt off, and who doesn't love snuggling down in some flannel at bedtime?
|Good or Gross? Time will tell.|
Also? I'm not sure how I feel about this Pumpkin Pudding -->
3. Fall Foliage. It never ceases to amaze that I could see a tree one day, and it's as green as Kermit the Frog. Then the next day I walk by it, and it's ablaze with reds, yellows and oranges. It's so beautiful!
|The only true spiced wafer.|
4. Spiced Wafers. You know, those wonderfully crisp gingersnap cookies that come in the orange and brown box? That's what I'm talking about. I know there is some disagreement on this front (and I will not budge on this), but I firmly believe that the superior spiced wafer brand is Ivins Spiced Wafers . They are local and they are increasingly difficult to find (you can only find them at Acme. Or Amazon , apparently). I will not even begin to entertain discussion the the Sweetzels brand. I WILL NOT HEAR OF IT.
5. Football. I am saying this because it's obligatory. I don't actually watch football (that's the one with the brown oblong ball with white laces, right?), but I know every other human does. But, I will admit that I do enjoy football viewing parties and tailgates because of the food. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
6. Holidays. I believe Autumn is one of the most celebratory times of year. Halloween. Thanksgiving. My birthday. There is always something to be planning for and looking forward to. Sure, I end up gaining about 5 pounds by the time we hit New Years. But it's so worth it, right?
|I was apparently born to be a Braverman.|
8. Sweaters. I love being able to wear a cozy sweater. Le sigh.
9. Divergent and Hunger Games. Ok. So I know this isn't specific to Autumn in general, but CHELLO, Allegiant (the last book in the Divergent trilogy) comes out on October 22 and the next Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire, comes out on November 22. My heart cannot handle the weight of it all! (And let's be thankful that the Dawson's Creek cast never got picked as tributes, amiright?)
(The answer is NO).
(And maybe I could spread some Nutella between 2 Ivin's Spiced Wafers and it would be heaven).
(I think I just peed my pants because that sounds amazing).
Now it's your turn!
What 10 things YOU lurrrrrve about Fall??