I love to grill.
I know we've established this. But it still stands to be said again.
I grill in the rain, the snow, the hot and the cold. That's right, I don't let the wimpy "Polar Vortex" keep me from grilling my food.
|So cool, so cool.|
|Keeping the ingredients on ice. Literally.|
Pssssh. True Grill Masters laugh in the face of the Polar Vortex.
|HA, I say to thee, Vortex of Polar!|
I'm a grill fanatic. But if there is anything I love grilling the most, it is grilled pizza. This is evidenced on my Instagram, when I make #GrilledPizza once a week. I didn't even know you could grill pizza with raw dough until last Spring.
It's been a weekly ordeal ever since.
Each week, Hubby and I try to come up with new gourmet ideas, and we've had quite a few winners, like Bacon Apple Gorgonzola, Greek Grilled Pizza as well as Buffalo Chicken. There are several I haven't written up yet, which I hope to share over the next few weeks (as well as a few more that are burning in my brain that I will need to try).
Today I'll share a great grilled pizza recipe for Winter, as many of us are making various hearty beef dishes. You can use any type of leftover beef roast for this, and any recipe or marinade. If you make a pot roast for dinner or beef stew, set aside 1 cup of the cooked beef leftovers. You'll be thankful you did! This savory pizza really hits the spot on a cold winter night, with flavors of beef, caramelized onions and horseradish.
If you need a brief visual tutorial on how to grill pizza before you give it a whirl, check out my Grilled Pizza Video Tutorial Post. And if you are not ready to attempt the art of grilling pizza, feel free to bake this in the oven.
- 1 lb. raw Pizza Dough (or a premade pizza crust)
- 1 cup leftover cooked Beef Roast, shredded
- 1 cup of Caramelized Onions (if you need a tutorial: the Kitchn)
- 1 cup of Sour Cream (I use fat free)
- 2-4 heaping TBS of horseradish (not the sauce - a jar of grated horseradish root. This is found in the dairy section. If you like it spicy, go for closer to 3 or 4 TBS)
- 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
(If baking and using a pre made crust, skip to step 3)
**Preheat Grill to medium (or, if using, oven to 350).
Spray with grill (or, if using, cookie sheet)
with non-stick cooking spray.**
1) Divide your dough into 2 dough balls. Set one aside to make a different pizza (you'll only need 1/2 lb dough for this recipe). Roll out until 1/8 inch thick.
2) Mix sour cream and horseradish until well incorporated.
3) Place rolled dough onto the grill and close the lid. Let grill for 1 minute. Once the bottom gets a little bit hard (don't let it get brown - just the beginning of a crispness), flip the pizza crust.
4) Spread the sour cream sauce over the top crust of the pizza. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Top with the beef and onions.
5) Whether baking or grilling: Let cook until bottom crust is set and all the cheese is melted. If you'd like, garnish by drizzling more hot sauce over top.