October 13, 2011
10 Random Things...
Posted by Steph
It's a random kind of day in a random kind of week. So I thought I'd share 10 of my random thoughts with you...
1) I just learned what "FTW" means. And can I say, it doesn't necessarily mean what you might think it means?
2) To figure out what "FTW" meant, I had to google it. A few times.
3) I'm absolutely loving 2 new artists right now: Ingrid Michaelson and Brandi Carlile. They aren't new artists, but they are new to me. And I am sad I've wasted so much of my life not knowing they existed.
4) I can't stand it when people walk slowly at a crosswalk. I get it - it's a crosswalk. And I abide by crosswalks. But, don't talk on the phone or smugly take your time when walking from one side of the street to the other, just because you can. That makes you inconsiderate. You could at least put a little pep in your step to give me even the slightest impression you are trying to respect my time.
5) I just found out that She & Him are putting out a Christmas album this year. Christmas music makes me happy. Even in July. But especially between October 1 and January 1. And She & Him make me happy. Because they have an awesome retro kind of sound. And I wish I looked exactly like Zooey Deschanel.
6) I'm not sure how I feel about new TV show, New Girl. I was super pumped when I first caught wind of it, because I super love Zooey Deschanel (see #5). And I decided that no matter what, I'd give it a chance. But...it's not really living up to my expectations. I'm not sure I like Zooey's character: aloof and hot but doesn't know it kind of sexy dork girl who is kind of a damsel in distress and plays that up with her 3 horny boy roommates. It's not really doing anything for empowering women. And the writing could stand to improve: the plot and characters are predictable - like they are trying to hard. But I'm still going to give it a few more weeks before I finally decide.
7) I was recently informed that The Wonder Years is now streaming on Netflix. All. 6. Seasons. Of my favorite television show of all time. A show that makes me laugh and cry. Every episode. I think heaven just landed right here on earth.
8) I think I've finally decided on how to decorate my bedroom. Hubby and I painted our bedroom last Spring. We painted it a very pretty robin's egg kind of blue. But that's it. There is nothing on the walls, no accents, no curtains. Nothing. But I was somewhat inspired by the master bedroom of Adam and Kristina Braverman on Parenthood. They have blue walls (a different shade than mine, but no matter), but splashes of a reddish-orange throughout the room (starting with a twig with reddish-orange leaves on it in a vase on the bedside table). So...I think I'm going to start with that. But I'm still very open to suggestions.
9) I just started watching Parenthood, one season too late. At the urging of many friends ("Steph! You will love Parenthood. WATCH IT."), I tuned in for this season's premiere a few weeks ago. I had the wikipedia page of the show open, and I gathered enough information that I didn't feel lost. And people were right: I love it. And you will too. So tune in.
10) I can't live without my immersion blender. Like, if I had to chose 3 items to be stranded with on a desert island, the immersion blender would make the list. It helps me make tasty soup. Homemade baby food. And, of course, milkshakes. I don't know how people conduct life without one. Do you have one? Wait. Don't answer. If you don't, just please go out and buy one this weekend. And then make some soup.
I'd love to hear your random thoughts (either in response to my random thoughts, or totally new random thoughts, bringing us to a new dimension of randomness). Leave your randomness in a comment below...