1) West Chester Grower's Market. You know I couldn't forget this! Check out this week's preview post on the WCGM Blog. Don't live in the area? Check out Local Harvest for the nearest Farmer's/Grower's Market near you! There's no better way to start the holiday weekend, and where better to get fresh produce for yummy cookout recipes?
2) Fireworks. The bloggers over at Chester County Moms have done an amazing job at compiling a list of local firework displays to be held at various points over the weekend. If you are daring and adventurous, there are tons of festivities planned in Philly for the weekend. Check out Philly.com and Citysearch for schedules of the events.
3) Brandywine "Big Bang" BBQ Weekend. Check out the info at Brandywine Valley Wine Trail for a wine-filled weekend of events, including wine tastings and cellar tours at the eight local vineyards, live music and good food.
4) Phillies. Our Champion Team has games ALL weekend. If you are lucky enough to snag any remaining tickets, head out to Citizen's Bank Park!
5) Kids Workshops at Home Depot. Check out this month's project for kids at your local Home Depot this Saturday, 7/4. These "How-To Clinic's" are FREE to children ages 5-12. Contact your local store for time and details.
Email me with more local happenings for the upcoming holiday weekend! We don't want to miss a minute of it!