We've been on the house hunt, and haven't had as much fun and experimental time with dinner in the kitchen. Once things settle down, I can not WAIT to try this. Here it is, straight from the email:
Simple Supper Mondays
Meatball Sub Casserole
- 4 Italian meatballs per person (I used larger ones and didn't count... I just filled the pan in)
- 2 pkgs. cubed sub rolls or white bread (I used about 4 hamburger buns and tore into pieces)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 (8oz.) softened cream cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 jar pizza sauce ( I think mine was a 10oz. can)
- 2 cups shredded mozz. cheese. ( I didn't want to use all my mozz. so I added in a bit of shredded cheddar and monteray jack combined)
Lay cubed sub rolls on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Mix together cream cheese, Italian seasoning and mayo. Spread carefully over sub roll cubes. Put meatballs on top, covering the cubes. Cover with pizza sauce. Bake at 350* until heated through (my meatballs were all ready cooked -but frozen - I would guess it was in the oven close to 30 minutes and I think next time I would have the meatballs thawed out abit). Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before serving.
I served with cooked peas & carrots as a side dish.
Thanks so much for sharing, Bevy! If any of you out there try this recipe, let me know how it turns out, and I will gladly forward it on!
Do you have any Simple Supper recipes you'd love to share? Email me and I will post it for the rest of the community!