I've been enjoying looking through all the recipes that have been submitted so far, and I've DEFINITELY found a few new ones to try this Turkey Day!
If you missed last week, we shared APPETIZERS (you can submit recipes through Thanksgiving - so you haven't missed out yet!)
This week, I am excited to introduce my co-host, Barb from Frugal Local Kitchen. We are asking for you to please share your MAIN MEAL recipes. It can be a turkey cooking technique, brine recipe, roasting recipe, or an alternative to turkey all together!
I have many roasting and brining recipes, my favorite being this Apple Cider-Brined Turkey with Savory Herb Gravy from Cooking Light Magazine.
But to shake things up, I'll share a simple turkey alternative for vegetarians (or die-hard Italians):
- 1 lb (1 box) ziti pasta
- 1 jar of prepared tomato sauce
- 15-16oz of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1) Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
2) While pasta is cooking, combine sauce, ricotta cheese, and 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl. When pasta is done/drained, combine with the cheese/sauce mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
3) Spread into 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes.