Here is my next tutorial video! Not as smooth as the How To Roast Red Peppers video, but learning as I go. What I am working on for the next video: knowing what I want to say, and making the overall video shorter (sorry if this one is too lengthy). Also - totally said something cheesy at the end of the video, but couldn't cut it out without making it choppy (we did try to cover it up with music though). So...ignore it.
If you've always wanted to make homemade meatballs, but were afraid to try, watch this video and then give it a go! Recipe follows...
Here's the recipe:
Yields 10-12 meatballs
- 1 lb of ground beef (85/15 or 80/20)
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (may need to add more as needed)
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 1-2 tsp onion salt (or onion powder with a dash of salt, if watching sodium intake)
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix beef with breadcrumbs, parsley, onion salt, chees and pepper. Add egg. Knead until well combined.
2. Form into meatballs, roughly 1/4-cup of mixture per meatball. Place meatballs, at least 1 inch apart, on a greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper).
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. If you are serving these with tomato sauce, let simmer in sauce for at least at hour before serving the meal. This helps infuse flavor (I let them simmer in sauce for several hours)
If you attempt making homemade meatballs, PLEASE leave a comment and let us know how it goes. What tweaks did you make? How did they turn out?