We all grab a box or 2 of cake mix when they go on sale at the grocery store for, like, $1.00. I'm sure many of you, like me, have at least one lonely box of mix patiently waiting in the pantry, hoping desperately to be used. One of the only problems is that I don't often bake cakes. I mean, apart from a birthday, who really whips up a cake from boxed mix and frosts it, just for fun?
Unless it's Friday night, the kids are in bed, and I'm reallllllly hungry.
It's not always feasible to bake up a cake, complete with frosting, for a tasty treat. And, sometimes a plain frosted cake can seem kind of blah. So it's nice to spice things up and offer something new. Sometimes just a little tweak, a small change or a slight surprise makes all the difference.
DID YOU EVEN KNOW SUCH A CREATIVE WORLD EXISTED?
Here we go.
I have some great alternative treats to make with boxed cake mix. It will liven up your treat offerings, and some of these recipes will blow your mind. Good-bye, boring old frosted cake. Hello new fun treats!
6 Treats You Can Make From
Boxed Cake Mix
1. Soda Cake - Made only with a box of cake and a can of soda, this cake not only turns out moist, but the lack of ingredients surprises me EVERY TIME.
2. Easy (and Healthy) Pumpkin Muffins - Another surprising ingredient list, these muffins are tasty treats you can eat without the guilt.
3. Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake - Shared by my friend, Jen, this is a great way to give a boring cake some flare. YUM!
4. Cake Pops - All the rage now a days, my sister gives a step-by-step picture tutorial.
5. Betty Crocker Chocolate and Caramel Oatmeal Bars - These came to me via e-newsletter and looked good. That's all.
6. Nutty Bars - OMG. My college friend, Heather, used to make these and they are TO. DIE. FOR. Seriously. Go make them. Right now.
I bet there are more great treats to be made with the boxed cake mix base. Do you have one? Leave your recipe in the comments section below!