I could entice you with paragraphs of history, event schedules and the like. Instead, I will give you the short list of why you need to be here.
25 Undeniable Awesome Reasons You Should Come to the
2) The Town Dish Red Carpet. It makes you feel like a celebrity.
3) You could win $10,000. Yup. The Matt Fetick Real Estate Team will be hosting a SCVNGR hunt in October. Winner gets $10,000 CASH toward new home. Get the scoop at their booth.
4) Dansko shoes. You can enter to win a free pair.
5) 6 ABC Action News is a sponsor and has coverage on all the action. They put the "Action" in "Action News."
7) Actually, a lot of mushroom fare. And tastings.
8) Awesome ice cream: La Michoacana and Woodside Farm Creamery are there loaded with the cold stuff.
9) Iron Chef Jose Garces is IN THE HOUSE.
10) Lunch at El Ranchero.
14) Cupcakes Gourmet. Need I say more?
15) Cool things to purchase from cool vendors.
16) Caricature drawings. All the cool kids are doing it.
17) Awesome music, thanks to 93.7 WSTW.
18) Wild Bill's Old Fashion Soda. All kinds of soda flavors, in an awesome metal mug. Major benefit? Free refills during the duration of the Festival.
20) 5k Run tomorrow. I'm doing it. So you should too.
21) Garlic Shots. Don't believe me? Well. You should. I couldn't make that crap up.
23) Lots of people, food and festivities
24) TONS of kids activities: Rides, the Old-Fashioned Carnival, a children's stage with different shows every hour, face painting...the list goes on...
25) BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME!
Plenty of time to come have fun:
Street Fair Hours - Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 10am-5pm
Carnival Hours - Saturday 3pm-11pm, Sunday 1pm-6pm
5k Run/Walk - Sunday, 8:30am SHARP!
To get a complete list of events, see The Mushroom Festival website.
Hope to see you there!