And, of course, fresh fruit. Yum!
I love fruit any way I can get it, but what is better than an easily concocted Fruit Crisp, warm and bubbly from the oven?
I found this recipe 2 years ago, and it has served me well. This particular Crisp recipe is geared toward the use of either Peaches or Apples, but I recently used it to make a Blueberry Crisp as well (just substitute 2-3 pts of Blueberries for Peaches/Apples). Believe me, it was delicious.
Fruit Crisp is a great finale to any cookout, especially topped with vanilla ice cream!
- 5 Peaches (or 5 Apples, or 2-3 Pts. Blueberries)
- 1 1/3 cup Brown Sugar (1 1/2 for Apples)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 stick Butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 375º
2) If using Peaches or Apples, peel and cut into bite-sized cubes. If using Blueberries, rinse and drain.
3) Place fruit in a greased 9x9-inch square pan. Mix remaining ingredients, and spread over fruit.
4) Place in oven, and bake until topping is golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
This is a great treat to experiment with - mixed berries, trying different kinds of fruit. Go wild!
What is your favorite Fruit Crisp? Send your recipes for the community to share! I am always looking for more Tasty Treat recipes to post, so send them my way!