But, don't hesitate to try this recipe over the summer. We paired it with roasted Asparagus (I will post the recipe for this later in the week) and a loaf of crusty bread. This meal would be a great, and slightly impressive, meal for guests. I can't describe how wonderfully fragrant this chicken is while it is cooking!
Let me know what you think!
Simple Supper Mondays
Chicken in Wine Sauce
- 3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
- 1 pkg Good Seasons (italian) salad dressing mix (dry - NOT prepared)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup white wine (I was liberal with the half cup :-D)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can undiluted cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup (I used chicken)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
~ Preheat oven to 350º~
1) Sauce chicken in butter and dry salad dressing mix.
2) Add onion and wine. Cover and cook on low heat just until chicken is done and onions are tender.
3) In a saucepan, combine soup and cream cheese on very low heat, just until combined. Uncover chicken and remove from pan. Add soup mixture to the wine mixture. Heat and stir until blended.
4) Place chicken in baking dish and pour sauce over chicken. Bake at 350º until sauce is bubbly (about 25 minutes).
I look forward to making this dish again!
PLEASE pass along your Simple Supper recipes! I am in need of inspiration, and am running low. :) Can't wait to hear from you and share your meals with the rest of the community!