If you recall, the "Luck O' the Irish Treats" called for the following:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows - OR - 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal~~
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Again, it is the same recipe for Rice Krispy Treats, but with Lucky Charms cereal instead. My variation calls for:
- 3 tablespoons of SMART BALANCE spread instead of butter/margarine.
- 6 cups of granola (I used Cascadian Farms Dark Chocolate and Almond Granola)
The treats are made the same way as stated above, but a bit healthier! They taste a little more like granola bars (duh), but it felt good that they were homemade. So, maybe instead of buying granola bars from the store, save yourself some money and make these instead.
Just wanted to pass it along...