These delectables are great to have around the house or to bring to an event/gathering. My friend, Brie, used a similar recipe around Thanksgiving, and brought them for dessert.
Use your creativity to make different versions - and pass your creations along!
Tasty Treat Thursday
Melissa's Cosmo Truffles
- 16 oreos
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cofectioners sugar (for dusting)
- Crush oreos (in a plastic bag or food processor). Combine with cream cheese.
- Using a tablespoon, form the cream cheese mixture into balls. Place on wax paper on a tray. Cover with plastic wrap & put in fridge/freezer for about an hour or until solid.
- Put chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Heat them in microwave for another 30 seconds, stir again.
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip cream cheese/oreo balls into the melted chocolate. Dust with sugar
- Put in fridge/freezer for another hour or until chocolate is set.
That's it! That's all there is to it! I can't wait to try this recipe. Melissa (my sister) said they tasted amazing.
If you try the recipe out, leave a comment and let me know how it went. I will be sure to pass it along to Melissa!
Do you have any tasty treat recipes? If so, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org