With Superbowl just around the corner, my good friend Carrie of Chockababy is sharing her Pepperoni Bread recipe here on the ol' blog today. And I can only skim it because the pictures alone make my mouth water and I move toward the keys so I can drive to the store to get ingredients…
I'm Carrie from Chockababy!
And I am SUPER stoked for the Super Bowl this weekend! I don't care about the game so much, for me it's all about the food. I can't wait to eat fatty goodness and drink some good craft beer (insert Steph note here: HECK YES)! It's just how I roll on Superbowl Sunday!
I love to cook and bake, but most of my recipes are allergy-friendly. If that's your thing, come on over and visit sometime! But today I have a cheesy, egg-y, deliciously savory treat for you. It's a family recipe we have been making for years, and has become a stable for football games. I used to make just one but now I tend to make 2 or 3 to keep everyone happy! I hope you can make and enjoy this ooey, gooey goodness this weekend!
- Frozen bread dough (I buy Bridgford, but whatever you can find.)
- Pepperoni, 1/2 of a pillow package or 1/4 lb. of fresh sliced from the deli
- Provolone, 1/4 lb. sliced from the deli
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated parm (the cheap stuff)
- Italian seasoning
- Follow the direction for the frozen dough to thaw and then rise for 3-6 hours.
- Once the dough is risen, roll out into a large rectangle.
- Combine the egg and grated parmesan in a small bowl and mix well. Spread most of the mixture onto the dough, leaving about 1 - 2 Tablespoons in the bowl for later.
- Layer the cheese on top of the egg mixture. Follow with a layer of Pepperoni and roll it up.
- Roll dough so it is resting on the seam. Brush the top with the leftover egg mixture and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until crusty and brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Carrie blogs over at Chockababy on parenting, motherhood, and food allergies. Please give her a visit! You can also find her on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | G+.