With the newfound freedom of having a car again yesterday, I didn't get to post this awesome Tasty Treat recipe. I am, sadly, without a car AGAIN today. Luckily, it should be the last time until at LEAST the summer. And by then, Teacher Hubby will be home with me. *sigh* Summer.
Anyway, this Tasty Treat recipe comes to you in time for the weekend, and a COLD weekend at that. This little number will warm your soul, and would be delectable with a hot cuppa coffee, tea or cocoa.
Here's another reason why I am excited about it: My sister, Lissa Bee, MADE IT UP. That's right. She just CREATED it.
I'm so jealous of her skillz.
Yes, I spelled that with a "z."
She recently posted the recipe on her cute little baking blog (if you haven't already, check it out!). Now I am posting it for you, because it looks SO GOOD. I plan on making them this weekend.
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
Tasty Treat Thursday/Friday
(still unofficially named)
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups graham crackers crushed, divided
- 3 cups mini marshmellows
- 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
*Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
1. In small bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add in egg and vanilla.
2. Next, add in flour
3. Take 2 cups of crushed graham crackers and stir it in.
4. Next spread the graham crust mixture evenly over the 13x9 pan
5. Take the 3 cups marshmellows and sprinkle evenly over graham crust
6. Take 12oz bag of chocolate chips and sprinkle evenly over marshmellows
7. Take 2 cups of crushed graham crackers and sprinkle evenly over the marshmellow & chocolate chips
8. Place the pan in oven for about 20 minutes. Start checking around the 15
minute mark, as all ovens aren't exactly the same. Let cool for about 30 mins, then cut into bars and serve. Store in an airtight container for about a week.
~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
SO. GOOD. I can't wait to try them. Think you can come up with a good name? Check out the NAME THE RECIPE CONTEST Lissa Bee is having over on her blog. If you are creative enough, your title might just be the winner! She'll also be having a book review AND a potential GIVEAWAY! So check back often so you can get in on the hottness. :)
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out, so I can let Lissa Bee know!