Well, we've made it! The Holidays are HERE. Hanukkah recently ended, and Christmas is THIS WEEK! I feel like it was only yesterday that we started these discussions about Rethinking what the Holidays should be all about. As we discussed, Revolution Gift ideas have been posted weekly. Some were personable and economical handcrafted gifts. Other gifts were intangible: unable to be touched, but of deep meaning. We arrived at Gift Idea #10 a few days ago. So I wanted to leave you with a few last minute ideas as you spend these festive few weeks with the ones that you love!
1) This website came to me via Mychal, over at My Life in Mommyland. It is a link to the All*You magazine website. It has a few cute ideas on homemade gifts! Check it out: Make Homemade Presents
2) The other day, I was watching The Martha Stewart show. I don't do this often, so don't judge me. Big M actually had a few cool things, including gifts to give in Mason/Ball jars (not just cookie mixes!) Check it out: Martha Stewart Show
3) Speaking of cookie mixes, mixes in mason jars DO make great gifts. They also display nicely in a kitchen before you use them! Mychal from My Life in Mommyland recently posted a how-to/recipe for one such jar gift. Check it out: Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar. Another awesome Mama Blogger, Mama Cheaps, posted a great resource recently - an online download for 34 recipes for Gifts in a Jar. YES! Check out Mama Cheaps post: Jar Gift Recipes. Alison from Cooking With A Plan also posted a great Mix in A Jar recipe!
4) Do you make the same Chocolate Chip Cookies every year to give as a gift? Giving sweets is a great and inexpensive way to spread some holiday cheer, but it's fun to Spice it up a bit with some different treats! Here are some great recipe links for a variety of tasty goodness to give:
- Butterscotch Chow Mein Jumbles
- Chocolate Bark
- Good Housekeeping's Caramel Crunch
- Chocolate Pretzel Goodies
- Ricotta Cheese Cookies
- Lissa Bee's Buckeye Brownie Bars
Do you have any good last-minute/DIY gift ideas? Send them to me and I will continue to post them through the end of the week (hey, we all have PLENTY of post-holiday engagements where gifts will be necessary!). Send me all your ideas!
Check back tomorrow for a book review of Nigella Christmas, as well as another great Tasty Gift recipe - Pizzelles!