I'm hoping one of these days, Laura will start a blog of her own. I haven't told her this, but no better time than the present, right? Maybe posting her recipe will inspire her! :)
Laura emailed me this recipe, and I cannot WAIT to try it! Maybe this week? All the ingredients I almost always have on hand, which is a big plus in my book. I also love that this recipe is versatile - it can be used with chicken AND pork. YES!
Simple Supper Mondays
Cranberry Chicken (or Pork)
- 4 tbls soy sauce (I use lite sodium)
- 4 tbls lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I've also used onion powder)
- 3 tbls butter or margarine
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or boneless pork chops)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9"x13" baking pan with foil for easy clean-up.
2. Season chicken or pork with salt/pepper/thyme. You can either put the meat directly into the baking pan, or brown it in a skillet with a tablespoon of oil for a few minutes on either side. (I think it tastes better when it's browned first.)
3. Combine first 5 ingredients in microwaveable dish and heat about 4 minutes (you can also do this on the stovetop). Mix well. Pour cranberry mixture over chicken/pork in baking pan and cover with more foil.
4. Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes for pork, about 50-60 minutes for chicken.
"...I like to prepare the first three steps early in the day when it's quiet, then put it all in the oven about an hour before dinner. We typically serve it with rice, applesauce, and a green veggie - and crescent rolls..."
Thanks, Laura, for sharing!!
If you try this recipe, leave me a comment or email - and I will be sure to pass the feedback along to Laura. I'll also let you know when I try it myself. I can't wait!
Have a Simple Supper recipe? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!